[tryton-debian] Future of the Tryton suite in Debian

Mathias Behrle mathiasb at m9s.biz
Fri Aug 31 22:26:09 BST 2018

* Raphael Hertzog: " Re: [tryton-debian] Future of the Tryton suite in
  Debian" (Fri, 31 Aug 2018 15:49:51 +0200):

Hi Raphael,

> sorry for the delay, I rarely open my tryton folder...
>
> On Thu, 09 Aug 2018, Mathias Behrle wrote:
> > Now that there are doubts raised about my personal integrity (I can not say
> > if that was your intention, but raising the topic this way just leads to
> > that) it is indeed difficult for me to accept money from your side.
> >
> > Let's keep it short and simple: If you really think in the slightest way
> > that my behaviour was or is subject to change for monetary reasons then
> > please just confirm that. It is not a problem then, I just won't accept
> > that money. I don't think there is anything in my life I have to blame
> > myself for in respect thereof.
>
> I have no reasons to doubt about your personal integrity and I'm sorry
> that my mail made you think that I was doubting of your personal
> integrity.
>
> But I know that paying Debian contributors is a hot topic in general and
> that one of the major fear is the possibly modified behaviour of the
> contributor compared to when he was not paid.
>
> I'm thus just clarifying my expectations so that nobody can later come to
> me and say "see, I told you so".

Thanks for clarifying the background of your mail which makes me understand it
better and differently from my initial interpretation.

Cheers,
Mathias

--

    Mathias Behrle ✧ Debian Developer
    PGP/GnuPG key availabable from any keyserver, ID: 0xD6D09BE48405BBF6