[tryton-debian] tryton-proteus not reachable

Mathias Behrle mbehrle at debian.org
Thu Jan 11 12:35:36 UTC 2018

* Catonano: " Re: [tryton-debian] tryton-proteus not reachable" (Thu, 11 Jan
  2018 08:10:39 +0100):

> > Mathias,
> >

> I have some news
>
> The Tryton author, Cedric KJrier, wrote that when called from python3
> Proteus should find xmlrpc
>
> xmlrpclib is for python2, but it should be automatically converted to
> xmlrpc. Or something, I' m not a python expert
>
> You can read yourself in the thread I opened in the forum, here
> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/tryton/O1RQ3FwzfCc/IJR5zFaDAQAJ
>
> Thanks again
> Ciao

JFTR: I am reading tryton and tryton-dev mailing lists.

Tryton packages use so far 2to3 to convert and you can check yourself that the
conversion is correctly
done:

(testing)mathiasb at monsterix:/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/proteus$
cat /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/proteus/config.py
# This file is part of Tryton.  The COPYRIGHT file at the top level of
# this repository contains the full copyright notices and license terms.

"""
Configuration functions for the proteus package for Tryton.
"""
__all__ = ['set_trytond', 'set_xmlrpc', 'get_config']
import xmlrpc.client
import threading
from decimal import Decimal
import datetime
import os
import urllib.parse

1) Please remove the interfering proteus installation in your Python path and
proteus will work like a charm.

2) Please don't follow the often carelessly propagated suggestion in Tryton
groups to just do

pip install proteus

Use virtualenv instead for doing so!

3) If you followed the advice

"You can download Proteus from tryton download page and set PYTHONPATH with your
proteus path."

you are outside the Debian distribution and you have to take care yourself for
the 2to3 conversion.

Regards,

Mathias

--

    Mathias Behrle
    PGP/GnuPG key availabable from any keyserver, ID: 0xD6D09BE48405BBF6