[tryton-debian] tryton-proteus not reachable

Catonano catonano at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 15:30:34 UTC 2018

> * Catonano: " Re: [tryton-debian] tryton-proteus not reachable" (Thu, 11
> Jan
>   2018 08:10:39 +0100):

> > > Mathias,
> > >

> > I have some news
> >
> > The Tryton author, Cedric KJrier, wrote that when called from python3
> > Proteus should find xmlrpc
> >
> > xmlrpclib is for python2, but it should be automatically converted to
> > xmlrpc. Or something, I' m not a python expert
> >
> > You can read yourself in the thread I opened in the forum, here
> > https://groups.google.com/d/msg/tryton/O1RQ3FwzfCc/IJR5zFaDAQAJ
> >
> > Thanks again
> > Ciao
>
> JFTR: I am reading tryton and tryton-dev mailing lists.

Oh, ok

> Tryton packages use so far 2to3 to convert and you can check yourself that
> the
> conversion is correctly
> done:
>
> (testing)mathiasb at monsterix:/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/proteus$
> cat /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/proteus/config.py
> # This file is part of Tryton.  The COPYRIGHT file at the top level of
> # this repository contains the full copyright notices and license terms.
>
> """
> Configuration functions for the proteus package for Tryton.
> """
> __all__ = ['set_trytond', 'set_xmlrpc', 'get_config']
> import xmlrpc.client
> import threading
> from decimal import Decimal
> import datetime
> import os
> import urllib.parse

yes, I can reproduce this step

> 1) Please remove the interfering proteus installation in your Python path
> and
> proteus will work like a charm.

There is NO interfering Proteus installation on my system

I installed Proteus with apt-get !

The path you saw is a path to the Tryton module that I am developing, not
to Proteus !

> 2) Please don't follow the often carelessly propagated suggestion in Tryton
> groups to just do
>
> pip install proteus
>
> Use virtualenv instead for doing so!

I probably will. ;-)

> 3) If you followed the advice
>
> "You can download Proteus from tryton download page and set PYTHONPATH
> with your
> proteus path."

you are outside the Debian distribution and you have to take care yourself
> for
> the 2to3 conversion.

No, I didn' t follow this advice.
I installed Proteus with apt-get !