[tryton-debian] tryton-proteus not reachable

Mathias Behrle mbehrle at debian.org
Thu Jan 11 22:02:04 UTC 2018

* Catonano: " Re: [tryton-debian] tryton-proteus not reachable" (Thu, 11 Jan
  2018 16:30:34 +0100):

> > * Catonano: " Re: [tryton-debian] tryton-proteus not reachable" (Thu, 11
> > Jan
> >   2018 08:10:39 +0100):

> > > I have some news
> > >
> > > The Tryton author, Cedric KJrier, wrote that when called from python3
> > > Proteus should find xmlrpc
> > >
> > > xmlrpclib is for python2, but it should be automatically converted to
> > > xmlrpc. Or something, I' m not a python expert
> > >
> > > You can read yourself in the thread I opened in the forum, here
> > > https://groups.google.com/d/msg/tryton/O1RQ3FwzfCc/IJR5zFaDAQAJ
> > >
> > > Thanks again
> > > Ciao
> >
> > JFTR: I am reading tryton and tryton-dev mailing lists.
> >

> Oh, ok
>

> > Tryton packages use so far 2to3 to convert and you can check yourself that
> > the
> > conversion is correctly
> > done:
> >
> > (testing)mathiasb at monsterix:/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/proteus$
> > cat /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/proteus/config.py
> > # This file is part of Tryton.  The COPYRIGHT file at the top level of
> > # this repository contains the full copyright notices and license terms.
> >
> > """
> > Configuration functions for the proteus package for Tryton.
> > """
> > __all__ = ['set_trytond', 'set_xmlrpc', 'get_config']
> > import xmlrpc.client
> > import threading
> > from decimal import Decimal
> > import datetime
> > import os
> > import urllib.parse

> yes, I can reproduce this step
>

> > 1) Please remove the interfering proteus installation in your Python path
> > and
> > proteus will work like a charm.
> >

> There is NO interfering Proteus installation on my system

And what is "/home/admin/tributi/proteus-4.6.0/proteus/__init__.py" in

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/home/admin/tributi/proteus-4.6.0/proteus/__init__.py", line 20, in
<module>
    import proteus.config
  File "/home/admin/tributi/proteus-4.6.0/proteus/config.py", line 8, in
<module>
    import xmlrpclib
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'xmlrpclib'

?

> I installed Proteus with apt-get !

I don't doubt that, but your import

>>> from proteus import *

finds the installation above.

> The path you saw is a path to the Tryton module that I am developing, not
> to Proteus !

I don't think that your module is named proteus, isn't it?

> > 2) Please don't follow the often carelessly propagated suggestion in Tryton
> > groups to just do
> >
> > pip install proteus
> >
> > Use virtualenv instead for doing so!
> >

> I probably will. ;-)
>

> > 3) If you followed the advice
> >
> > "You can download Proteus from tryton download page and set PYTHONPATH
> > with your
> > proteus path."
> >

> you are outside the Debian distribution and you have to take care yourself
> > for
> > the 2to3 conversion.
> >

> No, I didn' t follow this advice.
> I installed Proteus with apt-get !

See above.

Cheers,
Mathias

--

    Mathias Behrle ✧ Debian Developer
    PGP/GnuPG key availabable from any keyserver, ID: 0xD6D09BE48405BBF6