[tryton-debian] 4.8 in Debian

Mathias Behrle mathiasb at m9s.biz
Fri May 11 15:43:27 BST 2018

* Sam Bull: " [tryton-debian] 4.8 in Debian" (Thu, 10 May 2018 23:34:23 +0100):

Hi Sam,

> Just wondering if the new 4.8 release will be available as a Debian package
> shortly? I'm looking to install Tryton soon, and just wondering if it's worth
> waiting a few days before installing.

You can read about the packaging plans on this very list at [1] and [2] ff..

> Also, it would be nice to have an option to get automatic upgrades to the
> latest major version. I believe it's possible to have a source where the
> packages are held back from automatic upgrades, requiring the server admin to
> explicitly upgrade the packages.
> 	Owncloud used to do this, so upgrades would automatically come
> through, but apt would avoid installing them automatically. This meant that I
> would get a notice from my server that a package has been held back, and then
> I could run an apt upgrade manually when I wanted to perform the upgrade.

This depends on the package source you are using. If you use Debian unstable or
testing you always will be upgraded to the most actual version. If you are
using the source lists from the backports mirror (aka debian.tryton.org) [3] you
are supposed to do this switch yourself by adapting to the desired Debian
release and Tryton series.

Cheers,
Mathias

[1] https://alioth-lists.debian.net/pipermail/tryton-debian/2018-May/016319.html
[2]
https://alioth-lists.debian.net/pipermail/tryton-debian/2018-April/016226.html
[3] https://tryton-team.pages.debian.net/mirror.html

--

    Mathias Behrle
    PGP/GnuPG key availabable from any keyserver, ID: 0xD6D09BE48405BBF6