[Tts-project] Couple questions about sudo apt-get install festival-dev

Suresh Bazaj suresh at bazaj.org
Sat Feb 15 00:45:48 GMT 2020

Hello Paul, Samuel,

	Thanks for introducing us (myself and Tim White) to the tts-project at lists.alioth.debian.org list server. Though I have been working in the area of TTS since 2013, I wasn't aware of this list server. Until recently, our focus had been on Android, Windows, Chrome browser extensions and special purpose devices for Visually Impaired. All of these use Flite (Festival Lite). Only recently, we started looking into releasing Indic Festival as an APT in response to a user request.

	We will take Paul's advice and submit "concrete questions". I think first one of us (either myself or Tim) needs to subscribe to the list. I am doing a reply All, i.e.  copying the Debian TTS Team. However, I suspect it will bounce since I am not a member.

Regards,

Suresh