[Tux4kids-discuss] SVN Menu Item and Maintenance on website

Matthew McSpadden webmaster at anvilsmithtech.com
Tue Jan 19 14:01:55 UTC 2010

Hey,
1. I wanted to ask about the SVN Repository menu item. Will GIT require
something similar or should we just remove it entirely once the
transition is complete?

2. Partly because I am very busy in real life, working two jobs and
getting married soon, and partly because I can never get the SVN to work
properly, I'd like to impliment some stuff that I have been developing
for other sites. It would make it much easier for the admins and others
to keep the website up to date without having to change code. It would
simply backend into a MYSQL database and use PHP to pull out the
information which means that news items, download locations and such
could be changed from a web form rather than searching through the code
itself. Let me know if this is something that we could do for the website.

Matt