[Tux4kids-discuss] Gsoc-2010

satyarth sharma sharma.satyarth at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 03:00:06 UTC 2010

Hi all,
I am Satyarth, 20 ,a mining engineering graduate from IT-BHU, India.
Development especially on unix like environments has been my passion
and hobby.I have been following your projects for the past few weeks
and seems like you guys are supporting ideas of a consolidation pahse,
i.e. improving the existing code, refactoring to new libraries, svg
support in gameplay, improving the qt-gui-frontend(all tuxmath) et
al.I am still a newbie when it comes to working with libsdl but have
got some experince with opengl.I would like to work on rewriting the
tuxmath and tuxtype code to use libt4kcommon and enhancing the common
library in general.Besides a common menu,sdl-multimedia related
functions what other functionalities should the the lib-common provide
for?Also is it wise to make tuxpaint use the common library as tuxmath
and tuxtype use similar functions and architecture.I think (and maybe
wrong) that to work on refactoring tuxpaint code in the common is just
going to make the code bigger and bloated.Who should I get in touch
for this purpose?

p.s. the tuxtype gameplay is awesome :-)
--
Regards
Satyarth