[Tux4kids-discuss] Website Work

David Bruce davidstuartbruce at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 15:50:27 UTC 2010

Hi Matt,

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 9:54 AM, Matthew McSpadden
<webmaster at anvilsmithtech.com> wrote:
> Hey All,
> I know this is a busy time, but that is why it is coming to my attention.
> Last year I rewrote most of the tux4kids website and created seperate pages
> for tuxtype and tux of math command. I did mess up the svn, and the admins
> were gracious enough to fix it. Then life happened, and I have not had a
> chance to work any further. This summer I will have a bit more time since I
> will not be teaching. I'd like to work some on the website (with the admins'
> permission of course) to make sure it is W3C compliant, and work on the
> design so that it will look good on a larger screen as well as a smaller
> one.

By all means, feel free to work on it.

btw, the web docs are now stored in git rather than svn. For
read-write access, you need to clone the repository with e.g:

git clone git+ssh://dbruce-guest@git.debian.org/git/tux4kids/tux4kids-web.git

(substituting your own Alioth login for "dbruce-guest").

When you get done editing the pages, you commit them to the cloned
repository on your own machine with:

git commit -a

After you commit the changes locally, you send them back to the
central repository with:

git push

There's a lot more to git than that - a good general reference is the
"Git Book":

http://book.git-scm.com/

Hope that helps,

David Bruce