[Tux4kids-discuss] hello all,

David Bruce davidstuartbruce at gmail.com
Fri May 7 17:50:05 UTC 2010

Hi,

> i wanted to setup some computers for kids so they can run tuxtype,
> but i got an remark about one picture that shows during the game,
> maybe someone already pointed this out, but tux is smoking in one of the
> scenes.

We definitely would never have such a picture in tux typing (I'm the
current lead programmer and maintainer).  As Matt has pointed out,
there is a drawing of tux drinking soda with a straw that perhaps was
misinterpreted.  I've attached the images for that animation so you
can see if that is what you are talking about.

Of course, if kids and parents misinterpret the picture, it makes it
an issue for tux typing irrespective of the original intention.  We
certainly could change the artwork to make it more clear.  However,
the soda-drinking animation has been in both tuxtype and tuxmath for
many years, and I've never had anyone say that it looked like Tux was
smoking.

Thanks,
David Bruce