[Tux4kids-discuss] [Tuxmath-devel] GSOC 2011

Brendan Luchen cheezmeister at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 13:12:52 UTC 2011

Hey Deepak,

The consensus is that TuxMath and -Type (I'm not sure about -Paint) are in a
very unstable state due to past SoC projects. I believe this year's focus
will be on TLC (tender, loving care) for the codebase.

In particular, this means:
Working out a cleaner separation between game code and libt4k_common (in
many places, the line is rather unclear--my fault)
Identifying "dead" code as well as code that has become fragile due to all
the changes
Integrating Tux4Kids-admin (I'm not sure on the priority of this--is the
command-line admin tool still working properly?)
Bug hunting
Documentation

The latter two are important, but I believe they're discouraged (if allowed
at all) as SoC projects on their own. In general, though, I believe we'll be
looking for well-reasoned proposals to improve the current state of affairs
more than new features.

Did I miss anything?

Best,
Brendan