[Tux4kids-discuss] [GSoC 12] Mixing APL 2.0 / MIT / CC-0 licenses with GPLv3?

Kento Locatelli me at klocatelli.name
Wed Jul 4 05:16:43 UTC 2012

Hey guys,

I wanted to run a licensing concern by the community before moving
forward with my project... maybe someone can offer some advice, even if
we don't have any lawyers on the list?

Currently my project use several different 3rd party libraries and I
wanted to make sure there weren't any legal issues re-distributing them
under the GPLv3. All the libraries are either MIT or APL 2.0. My
understanding is that both are fully compatible with GPLv3, so I can
include libraries in the distributed source code with the GPL license
covering everything right?
And the same question applies to CC-0 game assets. As far as I'm aware
it's basically formalized public domain, so I should be able to include
it in the project licensed under the GPLv3 right?

Thanks!
- Kento