[Tux4kids-discuss] Submitting patches?

Programmer Nerd theprogrammernerd at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 03:57:34 UTC 2014

Hello I am new to the development of the tux* games and tried building
t4kcommon and got an error message which is due to the fact that newer
versions for libpng hide the contents of png_struct and png_into. I can fix
this but I was wondering how you would like the patch submitted once I am
done doing such? Personally I would just send the result of git
format-patch but I do not know what you want done. Also I want to verify
that the git urls here http://tux4kids.alioth.debian.org/git.php are the
most up to date repositories. There are some tux* related games on github
which appear to be out of date so that is why I am asking due to there
being multiple  repositories without clear indication if one is a fork.
Also one more thing. I noticed that there is no consisentcy of tabs vs
spaces. One line may use tabs the next spaces. I say use tabs for
indentation spaces for alignment. Vim can easily fix this using it's
auto-indent feature. Again I could do this myself and submit another patch
however it would be large so maybe someone with write access should do this
instead and just commit directly.