[Tux4kids-discuss] Submitting patches?

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Sun Sep 14 12:19:34 UTC 2014

Hi,

On Samstag, 13. September 2014, Programmer Nerd wrote:
> Hello I am new to the development of the tux* games and tried building
> t4kcommon and got an error message which is due to the fact that newer
> versions for libpng hide the contents of png_struct and png_into. I can fix
> this

cool!

> but I was wondering how you would like the patch submitted once I am
> done doing such? Personally I would just send the result of git
> format-patch but I do not know what you want done.

that or put up your branches somewhere. and probably file a bug against the
relevant debian package. (normally an upstream bug would be better, but i'm
not sure who is following those, and at least i do follow (up) on the debian
bugs eventually.

> Also I want to verify
> that the git urls here http://tux4kids.alioth.debian.org/git.php are the
> most up to date repositories.

for tuxmath, tuxtype and t4kcommon, yes. i cannot speak for the rest.

> There are some tux* related games on github
> which appear to be out of date so that is why I am asking due to there
> being multiple  repositories without clear indication if one is a fork.

tux* is quite generic and not all tux* software is from/for tux4kids...

> Also one more thing. I noticed that there is no consisentcy of tabs vs
> spaces. One line may use tabs the next spaces. I say use tabs for
> indentation spaces for alignment. Vim can easily fix this using it's
> auto-indent feature. Again I could do this myself and submit another patch
> however it would be large so maybe someone with write access should do this
> instead and just commit directly.

yeah. i wouldnt bother with this atm and would prefer if David Bruce does it
himself... (or another long time committer...)

cheers,
	Holger