[Tux4kids-discuss] Interested in contributing to Tux4kids

Pere Pujal i Carabantes perepujal at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 23:26:47 UTC 2015

Hi, Welcome :)

El dl 14 de 09 de 2015 a les 12:44 +0530, en/na Daivik Nema va
escriure:
> Sir / Ma'am,
>
> I am interested in contributing to Tux4kids. However, being only a
> college
> student, my skill set is rather limited. I am well versed with C/C++
> and
> Python. I also have some knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
> have done some web developent and am familiar with basic HTML, CSS
> and
> JavaScript. I would appreciate any thoughts and inputs with regards
> to how
> I should go about get started and which project (TuxMath, TuxPaint or
> TuxTyping) would be best suited for me.

Only you can reply to this, skills usually improve if you have
interest, but only you know your interests.

I'd say you should play with the projects and find whichever excites
you the most, then try to do something useful/fun with it.

Note that there are more projects to choose like tuxblocks, tuxcoding,
tuxhistory... I am sure I forgot some.

Tuxmath mobile:
https://github.com/deepakagg/tux4kids-Android

Tuxcoding
https://bitbucket.org/adeneche/tuxcoding/wiki/

Tuxblocks
https://github.com/thomaswp/tuxblocks

Tuxhistory
http://git.debian.org/?p=tux4kids/tuxhistory.git

BTW Who knows where tuxracing has gone? it is no longer there
TuxRacing
https://github.com/klocatelli/TuxRacing

And this year's GSOC projects?
The port of tuxpaint to android lives at
https://github.com/perepujal/Tuxpaint-Android
which is just a cleanup of Jianwei's work at
https://github.com/weiwei9591/TuxPaint-Android-GSoC
but the other projects?

> Also, this is NOT for GSoC - I know it is way too early for that.
> This is
> my first try at open source projects and I want to see whether or not
> I'm
> cut out for it.

Everybody who has interest and wants to help is welcomed in open source
:)

Best
Pere