[Tux4kids-discuss] Reimplementing TuxCoding

Arian Allenson Valdez arianallensonv at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 02:11:52 UTC 2016

Hello!

I’ve always been interested in educational games, so when I saw TuxCoding, it

immediately

caught my interest. This is a project I am personally very interested in as well as technically capable of doing.

My name’s Arian, a professional developer with 4 years of experience, working for multiple clients. I have also completed GSOC successfully

twice

 (Wordpress, OpenStreetMap) making this my third GSOC project/year if accepted.

I have a LOT of ideas I’m coming up with right now for TuxCoding - Interactive Education is a topic I have worked with a lot in the past - in fact, my last GSOC project was an interactive learning platform for OpenStreetMap. As well, I’ve worked on a bunch of interactive games for K-12 platforms for clients in the past, so I’m not new in the educational games field.

I’m also very much inspired by Bret Victor’s Learnable Programming article/Inventing on Principle talk, the concepts of which I think heavily applies into TuxCoding. There are a bunch of things we can do here, as this is a field that has not been threaded upon well enough. I’m very, very passionate about this!

I’d love to talk to the potential mentor of this project, to discuss and further flesh out my ideas, as I’ve found this to be the most effective way of quickly finding out the best direction to take on the project (based on my past GSOC experience).

Thanks!

Arian Allenson M. Valdez

Software Developer

http://arianv.com/