[Tux4kids-discuss] [GSoC'16] New project idea

Gurek Singh gurek15033 at iiitd.ac.in
Tue Mar 8 17:46:01 UTC 2016

Greetings of the day.

I am Gurek Singh, pursuing Computer Science Engineering at IIIT Delhi,
India. I have worked previously in HTML, CSS, JavaScript and a bit of PHP
on websites and also on animations using CSS and JavaScript. Currently, I
am learning Django and CraftyJS.

I earlier participated in GCI'14 and was looking forward to participate and
do well in GSoC in my initial years of college so, I kept myself updated
with the organizations and projects in 2015. Tux4Kids got my attention and
I liked the Tux4ME project and wanted to work on it as the idea and the
languages focused on were of my interest.

I have an idea on similar work lines which I call the TuxWord, is a
collection of number of word games like Crossword, Hangman et al and a
couple of my own, which would help kids to learn a language better, English
in this instance. I would like to work on it this summer and would love to
discuss more about this with a potential mentor so as to facilitate the
process.

regards,
Gurek Singh <http://www.gureksingh.in/>
9910004979 | gurek15033 at iiitd.ac.in