[Tux4kids-discuss] Tux Mind Maths

AMEY DIPAK AGRAWAL f2014148 at pilani.bits-pilani.ac.in
Wed Mar 9 22:46:17 UTC 2016

Hi,

I am second year computer science undergraduate student from BITS Pilani,
India. I am interested in Tux Mind Math project. I two years of Js work
experience and more than four years of experience with vector graphics
design. Some of my prominent works are,

   - www.bits-apogee.org (The official website for BITS Pilani's technical
   fest with 25,000+ view in span of 25 days)
   - www.bits-apogee.org/lacuna (A online Sherlockian Game i.e collection
   of 12 mystic puzzles/games, played by 500+ people in span of 3 days)
   - www.bits-oasis.org( The official website for BITS Pilani's cultural
   fest with 20,000+ view in span of 22 days)

My portfolios can be tracked at,

   - www.github.com/AgrawalAmey
   - www.behance.net/ameyagrawal

I have started working on an informal description/demo of my idea for Mind
Math at https://github.com/AgrawalAmey/tux-mind-math-draft . It currently
includes 6 micro games inspired from popular games of all time namely
pacman, snakes, flappy bird, 2D version of temple run, fruit ninja and
billiards. They will we written in HTML5 and JavaScript and packaged for
Android, iOs and windows phone using cordova. I the development for pacman
game is finished and currently I am working on the design of the app. You
can try pacman by cloning the repository and running a HTTP Server in
pacman-canvas folder, the instructions are yet to be finished though. I
have also added design for few pages in the readme file.

3 of the games (pacman, snakes and 2D temple run) do not require any
physics simulation while other 3 can be implemented much fasted if a
physics engine is added. Considering the size of phaser library, I would
like to seek opinion about it's inclusion. Another option could be to
include Box2DJs. Though phaser would provide better rendering optimization
if webGL is supported in the browser.

I would also like to make sure that the idea I propose is coherent with
expectations of mentors, please review my progress.

Thank you!

Regards,
Amey Agrawal