[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] Auto-detection of Typeable Characters

David Bruce davidstuartbruce at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 21:33:33 UTC 2008

Hi,

I haven't looked at that in a while or followed the SDL list since I
moved this summer.  Has SDL 1.3 been released as 2.0?

When I looked into this before, the problem was that there didn't seem
to be from within a program to check to see what SDL keysym
corresponded to a given Unicode value, or alternatively to go through
all of the SDL keysyms in the user's keyboard and make a table that
tuxtype could use.  Last winter, I saw that key handling was going to
get overhauled in the new SDL, and it seemed like we would be able to
do the above, although I don't remember the details.

I can ask a question on the SDL list.  I'll also cc this to Bill
Kendrick, who would know more about the status of SDL than me.  Bill
is also well-known on the SDL list and would be more likely to get