[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] SDL_pango rendering problem

David Bruce davidstuartbruce at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 22:46:35 UTC 2008

Hi,

> I see your changes - however the Lessons and Practice activities still
> aren't drawing correctly on my machine.  Basically the text to be
> typed doesn't get displayed, except that inconsistently a single
> character gets drawn. This happens both windowed and fullscreen.

It looks like my wrapper function "ConvertToUTF8()" in alphabet.c
doesn't work properly.  I found at least one problem in it but it
still isn't fixed.  It is not returning the correct UTF-8 string to be
drawn by print_at(), at least on my machine.

(If this function is really broken, it's a little baffling how this
part ever worked correctly).

David