[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] SDL_pango rendering problem

David Bruce davidstuartbruce at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 01:35:13 UTC 2008

Hi,

> It looks like my wrapper function "ConvertToUTF8()" in alphabet.c
> doesn't work properly.  I found at least one problem in it but it
> still isn't fixed.  It is not returning the correct UTF-8 string to be
> drawn by print_at(), at least on my machine.

I can't for the life of me figure out why "ConvertToUTF8()" in
alphabet.c is not providing the correct UTF8 string.  The syntax of
the call to the underlying "ConvertUTF32toUTF8()" (which was written
by Unicode, Inc. for free use) is complex, but I think I have it right
- or at least can't find where I have it wrong.  I would think that
the underlying function works correctly, but maybe it has a bug.

If anyone can figure out what is wrong, I would be greatly appreciative.

David