[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] Tuxtype 1.7.5

David Bruce davidstuartbruce at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 15:39:11 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I've posted tarballs and a Windows binary for tuxtype-1.7.5 on the
Alioth site.  There are also rpms for all the supported distros in the
Education project of the openSUSU build service. I'll try to get
Macports updated soon, and hopefully a Mac binary dmg (this has been
lagging, I know).

Tuxtype-1.7.5 addresses several annoying issues that were noted in
1.7.4, primarily some translation issues and handling of the xml
lesson files.  As of yet, tuxtype still does not automatically start
in the current system locale, and it does not "remember" the
previously selected language when run again.  These issues (and
hopefully a command-line language selection option) will be addressed
soon.

Best,

David Bruce