[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] Tuxtype 1.7.5

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Sun Jun 21 13:25:20 UTC 2009

Hi David,

tuxtype 1.7.5 uploaded to Debian sid \o/

On Freitag, 12. Juni 2009, David Bruce wrote:
> As of yet, tuxtype still does not automatically start
> in the current system locale, and it does not "remember" the
> previously selected language when run again.  These issues (and
> hopefully a command-line language selection option) will be addressed
> soon.

Ack :-)

I've also noticed that menu navigation with cursor keys still doesnt work and
that when you launch it from the command line, you get output like this,
while I think this should only be there if called with --debug:

$ tuxtype
Error - VAR_PREFIX = '/usr/var/tuxtype' not found!
Error - VAR_PREFIX = '/usr/var/tuxtype' not found!
load_settings_fp(): Setting theme locale to or_IN
Error - VAR_PREFIX = '/usr/var/tuxtype' not found!
load_settings_fp(): Setting theme locale to es_ES.UTF-8
Error - VAR_PREFIX = '/usr/var/tuxtype' not found!
load_settings_fp(): Setting theme locale to es_ES.UTF-8
Error - VAR_PREFIX = '/usr/var/tuxtype' not found!
LoadSound() - could not load click.wav

I wonder what the issue with click.wav is - it's installed
in /usr/share/tuxtype/data/sounds/click.wav...

and what should /usr/var/tuxtype be? ;-)

regards,
	Holger