[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] [Tuxmath-devel] Packaging tux4kids-admin

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Wed Oct 14 08:32:59 UTC 2009

Hi Michael,

On Dienstag, 13. Oktober 2009, Michał Świtakowski wrote:
> No, it's separate application and library, both based on Qt4.

I see. Are there any tarballs released somewhere?

> I wonder what you require from sources to create a package. I guess you
> need working "./configure && make && make install" commands which you put
> in some file that is used to generate DEB.

No, you can use any commands, "./configure && make && make install" is just
one way. Pure cp or "python setup.py" or whatever works equally well.

> Tux4kids-admin uses CMake and it
> currently
> doesn't support make install, so I think providing it will be necessary.

It's not.

> Do you agree? Do you have experience in packaging apps that use CMake?

Not specifically with CMake but with many different way of packaging.

But, where is the tux4kids-admin source? Whats the svn repo url? (Are there
any released tarballs?)

regards,
	Holger