[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] [Tuxmath-devel] Packaging tux4kids-admin

David Bruce davidstuartbruce at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 10:41:57 UTC 2009

Hi Holger, Michael et al,

>> Tux4kids-admin uses CMake and it
>> currently
>> doesn't support make install, so I think providing it will be necessary.
>
> It's not.

Perhaps not needed for packaging per se, but we do need to have a
"make install" target to use with tarballs.  Right now, I still
haven't figured out how to even test the admin tool, not knowing much
of anything about Cmake.

> But, where is the tux4kids-admin source? Whats the svn repo url? (Are there
> any released tarballs?)

It's in our regular repository, alongside tuxmath and tuxtype.  There
aren't any tarballs yet.  Cmake doesn't have a built-in "make dist"
target - from what I gather, there is a companion tool called Cpack
that is used in packaging.  Again, my knowledge of Cmake is very
sketchy.

Best,

David