[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] GSoC - need mentors to review proposals

David Bruce davidstuartbruce at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 14:41:26 UTC 2010

Hello,

I made it through the 36 proposals and have started a second pass
where I am assigning scores.  So far, I have just flagged 8 proposals
that should unequivocally be rejected (because they were nearly
empty), as well as a few obviously very strong proposals.  The ones
that still have a score of zero are in the middle, although many of
them have quite a bit of merit.

It looks like Bruno and Pere have started reviewing proposals on the
tuxpaint side.

Regarding mentor assignments, I have semi-arbitrarily assigned the
tuxmath/tuxtype folks to the stronger proposals on our side.  Bruno
has been assigned to one of the tuxpaint proposals.  By the end of
today, we need to get the other two tuxpaint mentors attached to
projects.

Importantly, one of the students has two very strong proposals - one
for tuxmath, and one for tuxpaint.  Both currently have mentors
assigned.  We may want to temporarily reassign a mentor to another
student for today's slot-allocation purposes.

Need to go - regards,

David Bruce