[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] Implicit linked objects

Johan Cwiklinski mailings at x-tnd.be
Sun Feb 14 09:51:43 UTC 2010

Hello,

Due to recent changes about the way linker (ld) searching in the
dependencies of linked objects in Fedora (see
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/ChangeInImplicitDSOLinking
<http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/ChangeInImplicitDSOLinking> and
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/UnderstandingDSOLinkChange
<http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/UnderstandingDSOLinkChange>), tuxtype
1.8.0 no longer build for Fedora 13.

Patch should be quite simple, just adding "AC_CHECK_LIB(m, pow)" in
configure.ac.

Unfortunately, I was not able to apply this trivial patch successfully ;
I'm not developper and do not know autotools at all (autoreconf tip from
INSTALL file did not help me).

I've successfully compiled tuxtype for F-13 adding 'LDFLAGS="-lm"' to
the make command. That way is not the best option, but that works.

If that could be fixed for the next tuxtype release, that would be great :)

Regards,
Johan