[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] Implicit linked objects

David Bruce davidstuartbruce at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 13:24:30 UTC 2010

Hi Johan,

>Patch should be quite simple, just adding "AC_CHECK_LIB(m, pow)" in
>configure.ac.

Tuxtype's configure.ac already has a commented-out  AC_CHECK_LIB for
the math library at lines 148-152 - just remove the "dnl" at the start
of each line.  I just made this edit and committed it to git.

Then, to update the configure script, run "autoreconf -i" from the
trunk directory (this also updates a bunch of autotools-related
stuff).

Then, you should be able to do "./configure; make; sudo make install".

>autoreconf tip from INSTALL file did not help me.

Occasionally, I've seen "autoreconf -i" fail on some systems,
apparently from differences in build tool version numbers.  If so, do
"autoreconf -i --force".

Hope that helps, and let me know if you still have problems.

David Bruce