[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] Issue with MinGW Cross Build

David Bruce davidstuartbruce at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 20:02:48 UTC 2010

Hi Matt,

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 5:08 PM, Matthew Trey <tux4kids at treyhome.com> wrote:
> David, is the nsis build broken or am I doing something wrong?
>
> LicenseData: open failed "mingw32\doc\COPYING"

It could be broken - haven't built it in a while.  I notice that the
license filename below is "COPYING", rather than "COPYING.txt".  I
don't remember exactly, but this may have been something I started to
"fix" but left off in midstream.  We really should use names without
extensions as our default (e.g. "README", "COPYING", "INSTALL") and
only rename them to *.txt during the Windows build itself.  Most
likely, I changed the name of the license file from "COPYING.txt" to
"COPYING" and updated tuxtype.nsi.in accordingly, but perhaps the
crossbuild still expects the file to be called "COPYING.txt" and so
the file doesn't get copied into the temporary mingw32 directory.

I'll look at it more when I get a chance.

David