[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] Issue with MinGW Cross Build

David Bruce davidstuartbruce at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 23:16:56 UTC 2010

Hi Matt,

The problem is that "make install" now includes a "chown root:games"
for the modifiable global word list - so you have to do "make install"
with sudo or as root, even if you are doing it within your home
directory.  There is nothing specifically wrong with the code that
deals with COPYING - it is just the first file that the NSIS builder
needs.

I have a little script I use called "ttwin.sh" that does the
cross-configure, cross-make, and cross-make nsis steps all in one fell
swoop.  If I do "sudo ./ttwin.sh" instead of just "./ttwin.sh" the
cross-build succeeds.

Hope that helps,

David