[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] libt4k_common migration status

David Bruce davidstuartbruce at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 02:02:25 UTC 2010

Hi Brendan,

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 7:29 PM, Brendan Luchen <cheezmeister at gmail.com> wrote:
> All,
>
> More comments from the cookie factory :) I've currently got TuxMath and
> TuxType using (as best I can tell) no local versions of T4K_Functions; in
> other words, every function available in the library is being used where
> directly applicable. In still other words, for every T4K_FunctionName in
> t4k_common.h, all references to FunctionName have been replaced by one to
> T4K_FunctionName via a dumb Perl script.

That's a big step forward, nonetheless.

> At the moment, I'm ironing out some segfaults in TuxType brought on by the
> "dumb" migration; it looks like titlescreen.c wants to load a sprite named
> "easy" (among others) that isn't actually in the repository. Any hints on
> what might be wrong? I'm not really familiar with TuxType's codebase (at
> least, the parts that differ from TuxMath) so I might need some pointers as
> I hack on it.

TuxMath used to load all the images at startup in one big array,
whereas TuxType loaded them as needed for each screen or activity with
the functions from loaders.c.  These functions then got moved into
TuxMath along with other TuxType-derived code like TitleScreen.c.

Anyway, I don't remember offhand a sprite called "easy" - I'll build
from the current git and take a look.

Regards,

David