[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] Lessons in Espanol theme

David Bruce davidstuartbruce at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 21:01:12 UTC 2011

Hi JD,

> It seems my lesson.xml files need to be UTF-8 to have tildes and accents.
> Does that sound right?

In general, all the text files should be UTF-8, whether they are word
lists, .xml, or .po files.

> I see that  "special" characters aren't used in the
> menus. e.g. - Espanol vs Español and Leccion vs Lección

If the non-US characters are used in the .po file, they should appear
properly in the menus.  The previous translator probably just used the
English near-equivalent for simplicity, or perhaps was using a
US-localized computer and didn't know how to enter them.

> Can you tell me what generates the letters on the keyboard during the
> lesson? I think I broke mine; it's missing letters. (see attached pic).

I think our mailing list removes attachments - try sending it to me directly.

Cheers,

David