[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev Digest, Vol 65, Issue 5

Pere Pujal i Carabantes perepujal at gmail.com
Sun Jun 9 18:37:29 UTC 2013

El ds 08 de 06 de 2013 a les 11:27 +0530, en/na Nalin X Linux va
escriure:
> Dear sir,
>  i have made the laser game also accessible.

Nice, works fine :) also seems to fix a bug where you can type "cat" and
"dog" as cdaogt(mixing the letters of both) and get the two words
killed, I see you have made the need to type the words in sequence, see
my comments below

>  i added two objects word and pos to structure comet_type to make it
> possible. also i disabled the shooting of others words to protect it's
> spelling(see line 303 - 332).

I am still undecided if I like it, in one side, for accessibility needs,
this is perfectly correct, blind people will not see any  word and will
have to type what them listen, on the other side, for people who sees
the words this is troubling to see two or more words and can not decide
which is the one that will be typed first.

Will it be possible to not disable the shooting of other words?

Say there are two words on the screen: LOWER and UPPER, you announce
LOWER, if the user prefers to type UPPER first and hits the U, then
announce UPPER and once it is typed continue announcing LOWER.

Also, this is a related question but has nothing to do with
accessibility, How complicated would be to change the color of the
announced word? this could be helpful to learn reading.

HTH
Pere