[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev Digest, Vol 65, Issue 8

Nalin X Linux nalin.x.linux at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 15:48:48 UTC 2013

Nice, works fine :) also seems to fix a bug where you can type "cat" and
> "dog" as cdaogt(mixing the letters of both) and get the two words
> killed, I see you have made the need to type the words in sequence, see
> my comments below
>

> >  i added two objects word and pos to structure comet_type to make it
> > possible. also i disabled the shooting of others words to protect it's
> > spelling(see line 303 - 332).
>
> I am still undecided if I like it, in one side, for accessibility needs,
> this is perfectly correct, blind people will not see any  word and will
> have to type what them listen, on the other side, for people who sees
> the words this is troubling to see two or more words and can not decide
> which is the one that will be typed first.
>
> Will it be possible to not disable the shooting of other words?
>
> Say there are two words on the screen: LOWER and UPPER, you announce
> LOWER, if the user prefers to type UPPER first and hits the U, then
> announce UPPER and once it is typed continue announcing LOWER.
>
> Also, this is a related question but has nothing to do with
> accessibility, How complicated would be to change the color of the
> announced word? this could be helpful to learn reading.

Sir did you notice that when you disable accessibility(tuxtype --notts) the
other words also become shootable. Your suggestions are
very interesting and i will try to implement it as a part of fine tuning.
Thanks

--
*Free Software Free Society *