[Babel-users] Ready for 1.8.0?

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr
Thu Mar 24 02:20:08 UTC 2016

> A) I take it that "diversity routing" now matches the draft but does
> not use the right stuff to get the channel(s)?

You mean for master mode?  Yes, it's still broken.  ("We don't break
userspace", they said.)  I agree, it's annoying.

> /me hides. I know, patches gladly accepted, (but ooh, have we made
> some progress on bufferbloat in wifi lately)

I'm too old for netlink stuff.  But, well, if you point me (again?) at the
right interfaces, I'll see what I can do.

> B) I have been staring at a puzzling thing for the last few days
> without time to look at it harder.

You'll need to do some more debugging, Dave, you're not giving me enough
information.

> D) There is perhaps something you can do about valid_lft vs preferred_lft?

I'm not sure about that.  If you're rotating addresses gracefully, you
want the deprecated addresses to still be reachable from the outside --
that's why deprecation only affects local address selection.

> E) commit 8f422e0ebc2d3a0bf556611133a96b5e0a16bdb2 looks
> "interesting"... what problems did it induce?

Look again -- the code was correct, just indented badly.