[Babel-users] Ready for 1.8.0?

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 02:49:10 UTC 2016

On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 7:20 PM, Juliusz Chroboczek
<jch at pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr> wrote:
>> A) I take it that "diversity routing" now matches the draft but does
>> not use the right stuff to get the channel(s)?
>
> You mean for master mode?  Yes, it's still broken.  ("We don't break
> userspace", they said.)  I agree, it's annoying.

To me I would have liked 1.8 to do it right in all cases, but can live without.

>> /me hides. I know, patches gladly accepted, (but ooh, have we made
>> some progress on bufferbloat in wifi lately)
>
> I'm too old for netlink stuff.  But, well, if you point me (again?) at the
> right interfaces, I'll see what I can do.

(If you are too old, then I am way too old. Time to fire up a lisp
machine and/or switch back to plan 9, for me, I guess.)

Can do. The existing implementation(s) (iw, olsrv2 ) were rife with
macros and other dependencies hard to discern and simplify.
It was one of those strap yourself into a chair with calming drugs at
hand things, to figure out, or find someone twisted (or young!) enough
to actually like netlink.

>> B) I have been staring at a puzzling thing for the last few days
>> without time to look at it harder.
>
> You'll need to do some more debugging, Dave, you're not giving me enough
> information.

Yep. Problem is - I imagine the "ip rules" portion of the logic is an
undertested code path, and I never looked into the automagic detect
ipv6_subtrees code in babel, nor into these kernels.

The specific question I had re babel is: "does it forward the "default
from" stuff from it's internal rib only?" or from what it's installed
in the kernel?

I will poke into the kernel configs for all these boxes.

on the plus side, the rpi3's internal wifi DOES work in adhoc mode.
Looks fun to add some usb sticks to.