[Babel-users] MTU based routing for tunnel based babel networks?

David Schinazi dschinazi.ietf at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 21:33:24 BST 2023

On Wed, Jul 26, 2023 at 11:10 AM Juliusz Chroboczek <jch at irif.fr> wrote:

> > CONNECT-UDP
>
> Come on, David, we all know that MASQUE is an elaborate practical joke.
> With draft-asedeno-masque-connect-ethernet, you guys are obviously trying
> to see how far you can go before people realise you're taking the piss.

On that note, you know a lot about 802.11, can you help us with our
upcoming draft-masque-connect-layer-1 ?

But more seriously, L2 VPNs already exist (c.f. L2TP, OpenVPN, etc), MASQUE
is just trying to match the state of the art here. Whether the state of the
art is
where we want it to be is a different question, but for that we need a few
chairs
and beers. Are you planning on attending the Prague IETF in November?

> (You could even perform dichotomy there to measure the exact MTU and
> update
> > the OS link MTU based on that,
>
> Sure.  With v4-via-v6, we're already silentrly enabling IPv6 transit, so
> there's some precedent to fixing the system without the admin's knowledge
> :-)

Nice. :-)