[Debian-handbook-translators] problem building PDF for id-ID

Andika Triwidada andika at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 07:48:30 GMT 2020

On Wed, Oct 28, 2020 at 12:40 PM Petter Reinholdtsen <pere at hungry.com>
wrote:

> Dear Andika,
>
> [Andika Triwidada]
> > While trying to build PDF for Indonesian, I got this error message below.
> > Any idea how to fix or at least got more verbose error message? "output
> > file doesn't exist" did not help at all.
>
> I am not sure, but notice two things you might want to address:
>
> > No "id" localization of "minitoc" exists; using "en".
> > No "id" localization of "keywordset" exists; using "en".
> [...]
> > No "id" localization of "keywordset" exists; using "en".
>
> I believe these come from dblatex, which has insufficient localization
> for the 'id' language code.  You might want to fix it and submit a patch
> to <URL: http://dblatex.sourceforge.net/ > to help future Indonesian
> builds.  I recently added dblatex support for the 'se' language code.
> Please let me know if you need help with this.  It is also a good idea
> to check the docbook-xsl locales too.
>
> > Cannot convert 'images/cover.jpg' to png
>
> Could this one be fatal, lacking a image during build?  Will it help to
> create a id-ID/images/ directory with this file in it?
>
> --
> Happy hacking
> Petter Reinholdtsen

Hi Petter,

Thanks for hints. Will check dblatex. Quick inspection of source code
directories doesn't seem good.
I can not quickly find which directory/file were needed for localization. :(
Need to download locally to be able to check deeper.

Concerning images/cover.jpg error, en-US has the same fate, so it seems not
a fatal problem.

Thanks again.

Regards,
Andika