[Debian-handbook-translators] problem building PDF for id-ID

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Wed Oct 28 08:17:43 GMT 2020

[Andika Triwidada]
> Thanks for hints. Will check dblatex. Quick inspection of source code
> directories doesn't seem good.  I can not quickly find which
> directory/file were needed for localization. :( Need to download
> locally to be able to check deeper.

The dblatex source files to check out are xsl/common/id.xml and
latex/style/dbk_locale.sty.

I created <URL: https://gitlab.com/petterreinholdtsen/docbook-example >
to test as many of the strings as possible while cleaning up the nb, nn
and se locales in docbook tools.  It might be useful for others too.

> Concerning images/cover.jpg error, en-US has the same fate, so it
> seems not a fatal problem.

Hm, no idea, then. :(

Are you building from the latest weblate edition?

When I test build, I get this error:

xelatex -interaction=batchmode debian-handbook.tex
xelatex failed
/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/generic/babel/babel.sty:469: Package babel Error: Unknown option `bahasa'. Either you misspelled it
/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/generic/babel/babel.sty:469: leading text: \ProcessOptions*
Unexpected error occured
Error: xelatex compilation failed
ERROR: Failed to build PDF version for id-ID

Not enough of a LaTeX expert to tell what is going on here, but at least
it give something to work on...

--
Happy hacking
Petter Reinholdtsen