[Tux4kids-discuss] New home for Tux4Kids website?

David Bruce davidstuartbruce at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 01:01:00 BST 2018

The tux4kids public-facing web page on Alioth was basically the only web
page I ever set up.  It wasn't anything too impressive, and I'm pretty sure
no one else ever worked on it. I didn't touch it since I fell away from
tux4kids about five years ago.  All of the materials for it were contained
within a git repository.  My home linux desktop failed a couple years ago,
but I'm pretty sure I have an external hard drive around somewhere that
should have a git checkout for the website, though it would be ancient.
Hopefully someone who has been involved more recently will chime in.

David

On Sun, Jul 15, 2018 at 6:43 PM Sam Hart <hartsn at gmail.com> wrote:

> I was trying to remember *who* I left with the keys for
> tux4kids.com... according to the registrar, it's SPI that controls the
> domain, so they should (I'd hope) have the ability to point it
> somewhere else.
>
> I could be completely wrong, but I'm not certain anyone was really
> maintaining the alioth tux4kids page. It's possible that stuff is lost
> to the ether unless someone at Debian has a backup.
>
> Bill, who's your contact at SPI?
>
> I'm not certain how much help I can be seeing as how I stepped down
> from leading the project over a decade ago, but if there's anything I
> can do to help get things back up and online, I'd be willing to try.
>
>                                       ---Sam
>
> On Sun, Jul 15, 2018 at 4:38 PM Bill Kendrick <nbs at sonic.net> wrote:
> >

> > So Debian's alioth has gone away, so the Tux4Kids home page
> > appears to be gone.  (And tux4kids.com directs ot that missing site)
> >
> > Is there a new home?  SPI is asking where T4K's site is, and I'd
> > also like to update the links I have to the other T4K projects over
> > on Tux Paint's website (tuxpaint.org, which I maintain), as well
> > as the T4K & project Facebook pages/groups that I help admin.
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> >
> > --
> > -bill!
> > Sent from my computer

David Bruce

For all your software needs, visit The Apt Store:
deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian stable main