[Android-tools-devel] updates to src:android-tools

Fathi Boudra fabo at debian.org
Fri Dec 23 08:12:21 UTC 2016

Hi,

On Wed, Dec 21, 2016 at 11:10 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at> wrote:

> Hey Fathi,
>
> Looks like you did some good work on the android-tools source package!
> Can you update that package's git repo?  Join the android-tools team on
> alioth if you need commit access.

I had already commit access and the git repo has been updated before I
uploaded the package :)

> And for the record, we intent to provide all the packages in
> src:android-tools via the new source packages.  adbd is the only one
> that we might not get too since its not normally part of the Android
> SDK.  But we'd be happy to integrate patches into the new source
> packages to support building adbd.

Sure. I wanted to address the 2 RCs bugs asap and will catch up on
current state of affairs with the android-platform-system-core
packaging and get ext4utils built from there, and mkbootimg.
adbd is still an unsupported, experimental feature that a few people
asked. I'm fine to keep it completely separated.

The other thing that I'm interested is native SDK on arm. I think some
discussion happened on this area and it isn't your primary interest
for the Android SDK since you prefer to stick to the original cross
approach x86 host -> x86/arm target. Though I could be wrong. I'll
definitely propose some patches on this area.

> .hc

Cheers,
Fathi