[Android-tools-devel] Android 10 and whole bunch of questions -

Raman Sarda theloudspeaker at disroot.org
Fri Apr 3 06:58:36 BST 2020

Hii. Raman here.
Let's address your queries one by one:

a) Spam on mailing list. I agree there's some spam. Maybe cdesai or andrewsh_ or _hc or someone with admin access can set up a moderator who checks and approves all the mails sent to the list by non-members. It really helps in fighting spam. I moderate the mailing lists for Lubuntu. I can help in getting started if someone wants to take up the job.

b) Space. Yeah it does takes space. Nothing unusual. But I'd suggest not setting up a AVD and use a real device to test your apps. Much faster and doesn't put too much pressure on your systems resources. You just need to connect your phone using a cable and enable usb debugging. The device will show up beside the run button. AVD really churns your resources. Not suggested unless you have above average processing power.

c) Can you elaborate as to what exactly is confusing to you?
About your goal to have a android emulator to install apks and use as a real device, you can look for anbox. A snap is available. I'd say give it a try. Works pretty good for me for regular apps. Doesn't work for apps like wireguard.

Hope this helps.

--
Raman Sarda
theloudspeaker.home.blog