[Aptitude-devel] How to commit to the Mercurial repository?

Daniel Burrows dburrows at debian.org
Tue Apr 8 04:02:27 UTC 2008

On Mon, Apr 07, 2008 at 06:10:50PM +0200, Christian Perrier <bubulle at debian.org> was heard to say:
> Quoting Jens Seidel (jensseidel at users.sf.net):
>
> > I tried to test my write permissions (thanks) by committing the current
> > gl.po translation but failed with "ssl required". Since Daniel asked for
>

> Great news, Jens (I don't doubt you'll find your way to commit).
>
> So, just to confirm, I leave you the initiative for the Galician
> translation.
>
> Daniel, would there be a way for commits to the repository to be
> logged by mail to this list ?

  I was going to object that they are in fact logged to aptitude-hg,
when I remembered that there is no aptitude-hg list, and what I'm
thinking of is the mailbox where the latest items on the rss feed at

    http://hg.debian.org/hg/aptitude/head?style=rss

  are logged; I run rss2email as a cronjob to keep up-to-date on it.

  Because there's an RSS feed for the repository, it seemed redundant to
me to set up a mailing list.  But I know that it's yet another
technology for people to deal with: would the two of you prefer that I
set up some sort of email announcement?  (I'd rather create an
aptitude-hg list and send commits there, to keep this list clutter-free)

  BTW, if you have Internet access, you can also run "hg incoming" to
get this information.