[Aptitude-devel] Last call for aptitude lenny translations

Christian Perrier bubulle at debian.org
Fri Aug 1 07:08:38 UTC 2008

Quoting Daniel Burrows (dburrows at debian.org):
>   I'd like to get a final build of aptitude together for lenny soon.
> The main reason for putting together this release is bug #483459, which
> is trivial to fix and seems really annoying for Polish people.  While
> I'm at it, I think I could convince the release team to allow in other
> translation updates if we have anything pending.  Please let me know if
> there's anything left to take care of on that front that should be
> folded into a .9 release.  If we're all set, I'd like to cut the new
> release some time this weekend.

I'd vote for a "final call" for translations. However, it needs a bit
more than a few days to give translators a chance to do anything with
it, particularly if one of them wants to start from scratch..:-)

My suggestion, Daniel, would be an upload this week-end with what we
have in the repository, then Jens sending a call for last translation
updates with a pretty long deadline (2-3 weeks) and explicitely saying
this would be the very last upload for lenny.

Many teams haven't updated since etch and are therefore left with
about 101 fuzzy strings and 134 untranslated. From my experience, this
takes a motivated translator a few days to complete. Then, for those
that have a formalized review process, this needs additionnal days to
complete.

Jens, you could maybe send a formal call for translations with
something like:

cd po/
podebconf-report-po --package=aptitude --gzip --withtranslators --languageteam --notdebconf --deadline="+2 weeks" --call

....and manually adapt the text to get people's attention...

(you'll of course get a lot of bounces and moderated messages from
mailing lists but that's the price to pay)

ar :Charset is UTF-8. Stats: 908 translated messages, 102 fuzzy translations, 134 untranslated messages.
bs :Charset is UTF-8. Stats: 61 translated messages, 78 fuzzy translations, 1005 untranslated messages.
ca :Charset is UTF-8. Stats: 909 translated messages, 101 fuzzy translations, 134 untranslated messages.
cs :Charset is UTF-8. Stats: 909 translated messages, 101 fuzzy translations, 134 untranslated messages.
da :Charset is iso-8859-1. Stats: 1144 translated messages.
de :Charset is UTF-8. Stats: 1144 translated messages.
dz :Charset is utf-8. Stats: 894 translated messages, 33 fuzzy translations, 94 untranslated messages.
el :Charset is UTF-8. Stats: 909 translated messages, 101 fuzzy translations, 134 untranslated messages.
es :Charset is UTF-8. Stats: 1039 translated messages, 65 fuzzy translations, 40 untranslated messages.
eu :Charset is UTF-8. Stats: 1144 translated messages.
fi :Charset is UTF-8. Stats: 910 translated messages, 100 fuzzy translations, 134 untranslated messages.
fr :Charset is UTF-8. Stats: 1144 translated messages.
gl :Charset is UTF-8. Stats: 1144 translated messages.
hu :Charset is UTF-8. Stats: 909 translated messages, 101 fuzzy translations, 134 untranslated messages.
it :Charset is UTF-8. Stats: 909 translated messages, 101 fuzzy translations, 134 untranslated messages.
ja :Charset is UTF-8. Stats: 1144 translated messages.
km :Charset is UTF-8. Stats: 909 translated messages, 101 fuzzy translations, 134 untranslated messages.
ku :Charset is UTF-8. Stats: 101 translated messages, 41 fuzzy translations, 1002 untranslated messages.
lt :Charset is UTF-8. Stats: 892 translated messages, 118 fuzzy translations, 134 untranslated messages.
mr :Charset is UTF-8. Stats: 878 translated messages, 132 fuzzy translations, 134 untranslated messages.
nb :Charset is UTF-8. Stats: 1138 translated messages, 1 fuzzy translation, 5 untranslated messages.
ne :Charset is UTF-8. Stats: 901 translated messages, 30 fuzzy translations, 90 untranslated messages.
nl :Charset is UTF-8. Stats: 1101 translated messages, 1 fuzzy translation, 42 untranslated messages.
nn :Charset is UTF-8. Stats: 709 translated messages, 214 fuzzy translations, 221 untranslated messages.
pl :Charset is UTF-8. Stats: 1144 translated messages.
pt :Charset is UTF-8. Stats: 1144 translated messages.
pt_BR :Charset is UTF-8. Stats: 1144 translated messages.
ro :Charset is UTF-8. Stats: 1144 translated messages.
ru :Charset is UTF-8. Stats: 1144 translated messages.
sk :Charset is UTF-8. Stats: 1144 translated messages.
sv :Charset is UTF-8. Stats: 1144 translated messages.
th :Charset is UTF-8. Stats: 32 translated messages, 1111 untranslated messages.
tl :Charset is UTF-8. Stats: 614 translated messages, 254 fuzzy translations, 276 untranslated messages.
tr :Charset is UTF-8. Stats: 909 translated messages, 101 fuzzy translations, 134 untranslated messages.
uk :Charset is UTF-8. Stats: 881 translated messages, 43 fuzzy translations, 97 untranslated messages.
vi :Charset is utf-8. Stats: 1144 translated messages.
zh_CN :Charset is UTF-8. Stats: 1144 translated messages.
zh_TW :Charset is UTF-8. Stats: 909 translated messages, 101 fuzzy translations, 134 untranslated messages.