[Aptitude-devel] Removing mafm commit access

Axel Beckert abe at debian.org
Tue Mar 4 23:08:30 UTC 2014

Daniel,

Daniel Hartwig wrote:
> I am not satisfied with the quality of commits Manuel is making.

Hey, nobody's perfect!

Did we remove your commit access just because we were not satisfied
with you being MIA for about 1.5 years? No, we didn't.

> I am removing his commit access until such time that the quality of
> his patches improves.

Not happy. Not at all.

Manuel did a lot of work on Aptitude. He pulled it out of the dirt,
mostly by gathering smaller patches which were already committed
somewhere else, but also by writing fixes for long standing bugs.

Not to forget all the bug triage he did in the past few months.

> He is welcome to continue submitting patches, performing work on the
> bts, and sponsoring prepared releases.

Do you really expect that he will do that anymore? I don't. You
very likely kicked him out with this totally inappropriate action.

So congratulations, you've just scared away Aptitude's most active
contributor of the past few months. :-(

> This is not a suggestion, request, or invitation for discussion.

IMHO after such a long time of inactivity you are no more in the
position to say anything like this.

I expect you to apologize for your inappropriate behaviour and to
re-add Manuel as project member without him needing to do anything
himself like e.g. applying again.

		Axel
--
 ,''`.  |  Axel Beckert <abe at debian.org>, http://people.debian.org/~abe/
: :' :  |  Debian Developer, ftp.ch.debian.org Admin