[Babel-users] Dave's wishlist [was: Source-specific routing merged]

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr
Tue Mar 17 11:45:02 UTC 2015

> 1) Did the issue with procd ever get resolved? (sighup I think it was)

Gabriel, Steven?  Can procd be configured not to send SIGHUP, or shall
I add an option to babeld to ignore it?  (Currently babeld terminates on
SIGHUP, and I like it that way, since it prevents a babeld from sticking
around after you log off.)

> 2) got the new vars into openwrt, or shall I do?

Gabriel?

> ecn

No, since I don't understand why you think that setting ECN on Babel
packets makes sense.  (It might make sense to set ECN on some Babel
packets -- the ones that are marked as "urgent" -- but I'm interested in
hearing your reasoning.)

> atomic route updates

Ausgeschlossen.  Last time I tried, I got a number of complaints that it
broke operational networks.

It's also less important than it used to be, since the hysteresis
algorithm in 1.5.0 dramatically reduced the number of route switches --
current versions of Babel should not be loosing a measurable number of
packets due to non-atomic switches.

> IPV6_SUBTREES autodetection

That should definitely be a runtime option.  Matthieu?

Not so sure about autodetection, Steven, Henning, do you have any ideas?