[Debian-zh-dev] New SCIM packages (experimental) ready

Ming Hua minghua@rice.edu
Tue, 3 Aug 2004 19:58:39 -0500

On Tue, Aug 03, 2004 at 11:28:10AM +0800, Save.Tchai wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 02, 2004 at 06:22:35PM -0500 or thereabouts, Ming Hua wrote:
> > I have packaged the new beta releases of SCIM (including scim-lib 0.99.5,
> > scim-tables 0.4.0, and scim-chinese 0.4.0) on Aloith.  The sources.list
> > line is
> >     deb http://chinese.alioth.debian.org scim-experimental/
>
> After I commented out the official debian source which also provides
> SCIM packages (of course, old versions only), and added the new
> experimental scim source, I upgraded my scim and smart pinyin smoothly.

For your information:  You don't need to comment out the official Debian
source.  The packages are also for unstable (also I gave them a bad
name), and if you have two versions for the same package, APT will
automatically install the one with higher version.

Ming
2004.08.03

Wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand.  The ordinary telegraph
is like a very long cat.  You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in
Los Angeles.  The wireless is the same, only without the cat.
                                                       --- Albert Einstein