[Debian-astro-maintainers] astropy-healpix_0.2-1_amd64.changes REJECTED

Ole Streicher olebole at debian.org
Tue Feb 6 08:05:27 UTC 2018

Hi Leo,

On 06.02.2018 01:07, Leo P. Singer wrote:
> I added a debian/copyright entry for astropy_healpix/tests/six.py:
>
> https://salsa.debian.org/debian-astro-team/astropy-healpix/commit/7250fe04bc3be27e95c5aaeb7225a341de71a7f3
>
>  I think that most of the other copyright issues are in
> astropy_helpers, so probably affect most Astropy affiliated packages.
> What if we got the original source from GitHub tarballs rather than
> pypi so that we only had to pay "once" for maintaining the
> debian/copyright entries in the python-astropy-helpers packaging?

As you like :-) I personally prefer Pypi as source since it is usually
closer to what upstream defines as the release, but YMMV.

Looking into d/copyright of astropy-helpers, you should add another section:

Files:
astropy_helpers/sphinx/themes/bootstrap-astropy/static/bootstrap-astropy.css
Copyright: Copyright 2011 Twitter, Inc
License: Apache-2
 On Debian systems, the full text of The Apache Software License
 version 2 can be found in the file `/usr/share/common-licenses/Apache-2'.

Finally, the revision is still 0.2-1; don't create a new version yet,
since the first package was still not uploaded to Debian.

Cheers

Ole