[Debian-ha-maintainers] corosync/pacemaker in jessie - status?

Matthew Vernon matthew at debian.org
Mon Apr 13 15:43:59 UTC 2015

Hi,

On 13/04/15 16:09, Stefan Bauer wrote:

> I've just uploaded pacemaker package to mentors for review.

Cool, thanks!

> http://mentors.debian.net/package/pacemaker

A few thoughts:

Why not package the 1.1.12 release rather than picking a particular git
commit? I would package 1.1.12 for now and then 1.1.13 once upstream
release it (it's on rc2 now).

Similarly, are you clear which bits of debian/* came from Debian and
which from Ubuntu, and if any of the latter contain ubuntu-specific
things that should be removed? It's a bit odd having a chunk of Ubuntu
changelog in a Debian package.

> I have provided symbols files for all libraries as recommended.

Cool.

> Remaining lintian messages are typos and the init scripts that are not
> registered (they never have been so i want to keep it unchanged for now).

There's also the "lots of stuff in /usr/share" warning for
pacemaker-dev; and the breaks: duplicates should also be fixed, I think.

Some of the long fields in debian/control are foldable, so doing so
would make them more readable (e.g. put one uploader on each line, put
the build-depends and depends on multiple lines)

Will this package build against the libqb that Richard's working on?

Regards,

Matthew