[Debian-ha-maintainers] libqb

Ferenc Wagner wferi at niif.hu
Fri Apr 17 13:34:42 UTC 2015

Richard B Winters <rik at mmogp.com> writes:

> On Fri, 2015-04-17 at 13:41 +0200, Ferenc Wagner wrote:
>
>> Richard B Winters <rik at mmogp.com> writes:
>>
>>>   * debian/rules: Updated dh_autoreconf override to to generate
>>>     .tarball-version file that is missing in the source tarball
>>
>> Then you should remove it in the clean target, according to Policy.
>> Previously it was added by a patch, why did you change the correct
>> solution?
>
> It didn't work, the patch was there but it did not create a file; at
> least not in my environment.

It should work, really.

>> Moreover, .tarball-version is actually present in your uploaded
>> orig.tar.gz.  The real upstream tarball does not contain this file.
>
> Shouldn't have been, does the failure of cleaning the directory cause
> debuild to then create an orig.tar.gz that contains it?

Debuild does not create an orig.tar.gz, instead points out its absence.
If you continue nevertheless, dpkg-source errors out trying to build the
format 3.0 source package.

> I'm looking at the extracted orig tarball that was used in the build
> that was uploaded now...unless something has changed...its not
> there...

I can't check the uploaded package in the NEW queue, but I suppose
mentors.d.n carries the same.  Checking that:

$ dget -d http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/libq/libqb/libqb_0.17.1-1.dsc
$ tar -tzf libqb_0.17.1.orig.tar.gz | fgrep tarball
.tarball-version
--
Regards,
Feri.